Q? What do you believe ?
Independent: True Gospel Baptist Church is not a member of any ecclesiastical organization but is wholly independent. This does not mean we have isolated ourselves. We consider churches of like faith to be our friends and enjoy Christian fellowship.
Fundamental: True Gospel Baptist Church believes that there are certain essential truths which should be believed and defended by all Christians.
1. The Scriptures: We believe that the Bible was written by men who were moved by the Holy Spirit 2 Pe 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
We believe the Word of God to be inspired, inerrant and without flaw. 2 Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: This inspiration was verbal (each word – 1 Corinthians 2:9-13) and plenary (completely – 2 Timothy 3:16-17). It is the true center of Christian union and the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creeds, and opinions should be tried.
2. Deity of Christ: We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God.
Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Jn 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
3. Virgin Birth: We believe the coming of Christ “in the flesh” was predicted by Isaiah and processed by the Virgin Birth (Isaiah 7:14; 9:6). He was born of Mary alone (Matthew 1:16) and conceived of the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:35).
4. Substitutionary Atonement: We believe Christ died in the place of sinners Ro 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
5. Salvation by grace through faith Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
6. Repentance is a necessary ingredient for true conversion. We reject all forms of what is commonly referred to as “easy believism”. Lk 13:5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
7. Bodily Resurrection of Christ: We believe Christ arose from death and the grave after three days. Lk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. 1 Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
Q? What can I expect if I visit True Gospel Baptist Church?
You can expect a warm welcome. We invite you to come and be a part of the services at True Gospel Baptist Church. You can expect an atmosphere of worship. You can expect old fashion music and singing. We are unashamedly old fashion and that is evidenced in our music and singing. You can expect a message from the Word of God. We believe the King James Version in the bible for English speaking people. You can expect an opportunity to move towards the Lord. An invitation will be given at the end of each service to give you an opportunity to do business with God. You will not be singled out or embarrassed in any way. We do our best to make you feel at home at True Gospel Baptist.
Q? Am I welcome if I don’t have a church background?
Of course you are welcome. We welcome you no matter what your background or beliefs.
Q? What do you have for young people?
We believe young people are not just the church of the future, they are vital part of the church today. We believe a church should be a place where young people can be introduced to the Word of God and taught how to live it in their daily lives. We believe young people have a place of service in the body of Christ and attempt to aid them as they search for the Lord’s will in their lives. With these things in mind, we offer a young people’s Sunday School class that teaches the Word of God in a manner that applies to their lives. We have youth meetings where the youth are able to preach, sing and worship. We have occasional activities for the youth to give them an opportunity to “just have some fun”.
Q? What should I wear?
As we have already mentioned, we are an old fashion church. We believe the house of God should be respected. For this cause, our folks were “their Sunday go to meeting clothes”. However, you are welcome to visit with us no matter what you wear. We want to be a help to you if we can no matter what your appearance.
Q? Why are you Independent Baptist ?
True Gospel Baptist Church is not a member of any ecclesiastical organizations but is wholly independent. This does not mean we have isolated ourselves. We consider churches of like faith to be our friends and enjoy Christian fellowship. As an independent Baptist church, we are not affiliated with any particular Baptist denomination or ruling body. Because of this we can support our own missionaries, select our own leaders, and support institutions that believe as we believe. In short, our church answers to the headship of Jesus Christ rather than a denominational body.
Q? Is your building wheelchair accessible?
Yes, all of our buildings are at ground level and easily accessible to wheelchairs. We have handicap parking and a sheltered drive-through where you can be dropped off during bad weather.
Q? Do you record your services ?
Yes, all of our services are recorded. You can get a cd of any service by contacting our sound man. Cd’s are $1 each.
Q? Do you provide a nursery ?
We do have a well staffed nursery. We request children over the age of 3 to be taken to the service in the sanctuary. We believe the Word of God can touch the heart of small children. Jesus said “forbid them not”